Dear David Rutten and the Grasshopper team
I am Jacky Liang.
I am also the Grasshopper developer TheGreenCabbage. I worked on a Grasshopper tool suite that was released with the name KT Tools as a part of a subset of Grasshopper development projects I did with the Kieran Timberlake Research Group. I am currently a Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering and Computer Science Minor pre-Junior currently studying at Drexel University.
I want to work with you and your team
David, this page was made for you and your team to accept my enthusiastic application for a Fall-Winter software development internship position - I want to work with you and your team on the development of Grasshopper. Interacting and developing alongside you in my previous co-op experience has taught me much on user experience, technical programming, and the importance of developer interaction.
What's so special about me:
- From writing software intended for public release, making user experience better on existing software, and to making great graphics, I deeply care about how a user feels and uses a software from a top-to-down approach.
- I build Android apps for fun. My most recent project is called "Pollen Buddy", a pollen allergy tracking app. Here is a short presentation on the completed app that shows you how it works on a UI and code level: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6ijlp7y9djyzfu/pollen_buddy.pdf
- I am a naturally inquisitive individual.
- I care deeply about the people I work with.
- I have incredible work ethic and I do not hesitate taking on new challenges.
- Here is my most up-to-date resume for your reading.
What's so special about your team and Grasshopper:
With careful consideration to user experience, Grasshopper succeeds in making interface elements and components explicit and accessible. Users are aware of what a component does through use of typography, icons, and visual aids such as wires and component highlighting.
I admire you and your team's development transparency, responsiveness, and humility
Your team's devotion to development responsiveness and transparency speaks to me as how much you all care about Grasshopper, its developers, and its users. Your care for your users aligns with my personal philosophy.
- You and Giulio made every effort to patiently give deep technical insight to my inquiries.
- David, you are not hesitant to admit to the shortcomings of Grasshopper, a quality of humility I admire.
- Your team's all-inclusive platform of SDK, forum, e-mail, and responsiveness allows you all to extensively interact with all your users and developers.
I would be proud to work with you and your team on these things:
- Enhancing performance
Performance of an application affects user experience just as much as how a user interacts with the software. I wish to apply the knowledge I gained from learning about software performance in my classes to further enhance Grasshopper's performance.
Even better documentation and SDK
Grasshopper's SDK is the heart and soul of Grasshopper development. Using Grasshopper's SDK for six months, I was able to personally experience its strengths and weaknesses. I wish to work alongside you to further create more accessible documentation and SDK for future Grasshopper developers. What do you think of this idea?
Grasshopper 3D 2
Grasshopper is the best attempt so far at a functional and beautiful graphical programming software. However, its initial development never accounted for its growth, and a little bloat in the front-end and back-end was its consequence. A powerful and scalable back-end on top of an even more accessible user interface would be my vision for Grasshopper 2!
Thank you for reading. I have so much more I want to discuss with you, David. I hope we can get to know each other very soon.
P.S. If you want to continue the conversation, feel free to contact me on Skype "theGreenCabbage" or my personal e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.